Credit card scams and consumer fraud are at an all-time high. While in some cases the victims of these crimes were not as vigilant as they should have been in protecting their information, consumer fraud can strike nearly anyone at any time.
You can lessen your chance of credit card scams by taking steps such as:
- Keeping your credit cards in a safe location
- Not giving out your credit card information over the phone or on unsecured/unknown websites
- Not signing blank credit card receipts
- Shredding credit card related documents
- Reporting lost/stolen cards immediately
- Carefully reviewing your statement at the end of every month
If you do suffer from a credit card scam, you will need an experienced Chicago consumer fraud lawyer on your side as soon as possible to help protect your financial interests.
We Can Help
The Chicago consumer fraud lawyers at Markoff Leinberger have experience helping consumer fraud victims. Markoff Leinberger has the resources and knowledge necessary to navigate these complex cases and are prepared to get to work on your case immediately.
If you have been the victim of a credit card scam, please contact Markoff Leinberger today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Chicago consumer fraud lawyers.