Karl Leinberger is a founding member of Markoff Leinberger. He chose to practice consumer fraud law out of a deep love of fighting for the underdog, and has many years of experience helping consumers win cases against large, powerful, and unscrupulous companies.
Mr. Leinberger is often interviewed by NBC, ABC, WBBM, and local newspapers to provide his opinion on news stories and events that affect innocent consumers.
Mr. Leinberger was born in Springfield, IL and has lived in Chicago since 1993. He has strong ties to the Chicago community, and helps to preserve green spaces and community activities through involvement with the Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association and the YMCA Adventure Guides Program. He is the president of the Evanston Wilmette Golf Course Association, and regularly volunteers there.
In his spare time, Mr. Leinberger enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, and reading.
- Named to the prestigious 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch list
- Named to the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star list multiple times
- Helped draft an amendment to the Illinois class action statute that channels leftover class action funds to disadvantaged persons in need of legal aid
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- DePaul University, J.D., 1996 (Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul Commercial and Business Law Journal)
- University of Iowa, B.A. Finance, 1992
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association Class Litigation Committee (Chair, 2006-07)
- Chicago Bar Association Consumer Law Committee (Chair, 1999-00)
- Chicago Bar Association Legislative Committee (2006 to present)
- Chicago Bar Foundation Cy Pres Committee (2005 to present)
Please contact Markoff Leinberger today by calling 1-888-517-9115 to schedule your free consultation with Mr. Leinberger. Our consumer attorneys serve clients in Chicago, Illinois, the Midwest, and nationwide.