The attorneys at Markoff Leinberger help consumers with a variety of everyday threats and issues involving debt collectors, lenders, credit bureaus, retailers, and other businesses. The consumer fraud cases we handle tend to vary widely due to the ever-changing tactics employed by scammers.
The best way to learn whether you have a claim is to talk to our Chicago consumer fraud attorneys. If you’ve suffered due to unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent marketplace practices, you likely have an actionable case. Consumer fraud is a huge problem that impacts millions of Americans each year.
Common Types of Consumer Fraud
Some of the most common consumer law claims involve:
- Identity theft: The fraudulent acquisition and exploitation of an individual’s private information.
- Credit card fraud: The unauthorized use of a credit card, debit card, or another payment tool. It can also include deceptive actions on the part of credit card companies and merchants.
- False advertising: Making false or misleading claims to trick consumers and increase sales. It often involves things like bait and switch schemes or mislabeled food.
- Hidden fees: Any additional costs that are actively hidden or left undisclosed at the time of purchase. Examples of hidden fees include service guarantees and document processing fees.
- Debt collection violations: Debtors have rights that debt collectors frequently violate. Harassing or abusive conduct is prohibited by law.
This is not a complete list of consumer violations. If your situation does not match anything listed above, it is still in your best interest to contact our attorneys. You may be entitled to compensation.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation Today
If you live in the Chicago area and think you may be a victim of consumer fraud, call Markoff Leinberger at 312-726-4162 for a free consultation. Our Illinois attorneys will discuss the merits of your case and help you figure out potential next steps. We have over 20 years of experience and are personally invested in getting our clients the verdicts they deserve.